|D is B's exclave, but is not an enclave.|
|C is B's exclave, and A's enclave.|
Although both meanings are close, an exclave may not necessarily be an enclave. Kaliningrad is not surrounded by one state only, but by two: Lithuania and Poland and it also borders the Baltic Sea. On the other hand, the Spanish exclave of Llívia is a French enclave.
Other exclaves that are not enclaves include: the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
List of exclaves:
- Angola (Cabinda)
- Azerbaijan (Nakhchivan)
- Belgium (Baarle-Hertog)
- Brunei (Temburong)
- Croatia (southeastern part of Dubrovnik-Neretva county)
- East Timor (Oecussi-Ambeno region)
- Oman (Musandam peninsula)
- Palestinian territories (Gaza Strip)
- Russia (Kaliningrad)
- Spain (Ceuta, Llívia, Melilla)
- US (Alaska)