- In mechanics, stability characterizes the result of small perturbations to a system in mechanical equilibrium.
- In system analysis and signal processing, stability means either:
- BIBO (Bounded Input, Bounded Output) stability
- Lyapunov stability
- In control theory, stability characterizes the reaction of a dynamic system to external influences.
- In numerical analysis, stability refers to how well an algorithm performs with regard to error in the numerical results: see numerical stability.
- In everyday conversation about computers, stability is the tendency or otherwise of a system or program to crash.
- In Meteorology stability in the air relates to vertical movements of air parcels.
See also homeostasis.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.