This is the main page
of the simple English Wikipedia
, part of a project to make an encyclopedia
in many languages. Here, we only use simple English
words and simple grammar
All content is free for use (open content); this is explained in the GNU Free Documentation License.
Over 500,000 Wikipedia articles have been written since 2001. There are 220000 articles in simple English.
You can help! You can edit these articles, and make new ones. See the page and other useful pages to learn how to do this. You can also ask a question at Simple talk.
- Make pages easy to read, so that people who speak English poorly can understand.
- Make pages that are easy to translate, but which are still complete encyclopedia articles.
- Only add text which is released under the terms of the GFDL. See Wikipedia:copyrights for more information.
- If a word is a name, an idiom, or jargon, then explain it on a new webpage.
- Try to use easy or common words. Your writing must be simple and easy to understand. Change words and use shorter clauses than you normally would. Use simple, short sentences.
- Edit any page to add new information, or to make it more simple.
|Child Sponsorship Link|